Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can someone walk me through the installation of alcatel speedtouch usb modem in red hat linux 9 or tell me where i can find a walkthrough in the intenet. Also ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RH 9 Speedtouch USB

Can someone walk me through the installation of alcatel speedtouch usb modem in red hat linux 9 or tell me where i can find a walkthrough in the intenet. Also i want to know except from vci and vpi what other changes i must do for different countries and isp.
    Thanks in advance.

Linux Guru
    I don't have that modem, but doesn't the manufacturer have drivers and an installation guide on their web site? If you download the driver tarball, there should be a file called INSTALL and/or README that comes in it, that describes how to install them.

Just Joined!
    The official website of the modem doesn't have the modem drivers but a driver update.

Just Joined!
    I have a similar problem. I want to install speedtouch 330 ADSL modem on a Linux Suse 8.1 system.

I did get this link after calling Speedtouch :

http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/in...?/docs.en.html

I am very new to Linux and this looks a little complex, I have not tried it yet. Can anyone give me their opinion on it?

Linux Guru
    Get http://download.ethomson.com/download/SpeedTouch.tar.gz. That's the driver for the Speedtouch modem, as far as I have been able to tell. In it is also a file called INSTALL. Read it to see how to install the driver.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the link.