Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI THERE; I HAVE ( ACTUALLY HAD :) ) "WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION" ON MY LAPTOP. IT HAD A HIDDEN PARTITION FOR RECOVERY. I USED PARTITION MAGIC FOR REPARTITIONING AND ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I NEED IMMIDIATE HELP FOR FC2 and WIN-XP HOME BOOT PROBLEM!!

HI THERE;
    I HAVE ( ACTUALLY HAD :) ) "WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION" ON MY LAPTOP. IT HAD A HIDDEN PARTITION FOR RECOVERY. I USED PARTITION MAGIC FOR REPARTITIONING AND I DELETED THAT. I TESTED WINDOWS AND IT WAS WORKING (BOOTING) FINE. I INSTALLED FC2. AT THE FIRST TIME (I INSTALLED IT SEVERAL TIME) I INSTALLED GRUB INTO MBR. GRUB DIDN'T LOAD WINDOWS, BUT LINUX WAS FINE. THEN I USED MY RECOVERY CD' S TO GET WINDOWS BACK AND PARTITION MAGIC TO GET READY TO INSTALL LINUX. THIS TIME I INSTALLED GRUB INTO BOOT PARTITION THAT I CREATED DURING THE INSTALLATION. BUT NLOADER WAS MISSING WHILE IWAS TRYING TO BOOT. AGAIN I USED RECVERY CD' S AND INSTALLED LINUX BUT THIS TIME I NSTALLED GRUB INTO BEGINNING OF THE MY ROOT (/) PARTITION. AGAIN NTLOADER WAS MISSING. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO MORE TO INSTALL FEDORA TO MY LAPTOP. OR IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM FOR ALL NEW DISTROS. HOW CAN I FIX IT. I AM GETTING BORED WITH THIS.

NOTE : FIRST I TRIED TO INSTALL FC3 BUT THE INSTALLATION CD DIDN'T WORK (THE ERROR WAS "CAN' T ADJUST CPU SPEED" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT).

Linux Guru
    Hiya,

If you would like to ask a question please dont SHOUT, or demand for immediate help. thanks

Jason