Hi, I've been trying for what seems like ages now to install linux on my system. The biggest hurdle so far has been finding a distribution that will install/boot from my medley raid. I've been able to install the first CD of suse 8, then after it is finished, yast needs to reboot to continue the installation. After rebooting, it asks me to insert disc 2, which is where KDE is located. The problem is, it won't recognize that there is a CD in the drive. It doesn't give me any insight as to what the error might be unless I ask for details, and they don't seem to help me much. The error is:

"Could not mount the source medium. Mount: /dev/hdc is not a valid block device."

Clicking on "ok" will make the error alternate between hdc and hdd, which I am fairly certain are my two CD drives. I've tried putting the disc in either drive, and it still does the same thing. I redownloaded the iso and verified the md5sum, and burned the CD at the slowest speed I could (8x). The same error came up.

I got the bright idea then to try to install every single package to see if any of the other cds would work. After skipping CD2, the same error comes up for CD3, and so on. I've also verified the md5sum for the iso of disc 1, and reburned it at the slowest speed I could.

I am able to skip CD2 and therefore not install KDE. My system then, naturally, boots to a command line interface which I could use to try to figure out what's going on here, if only I knew how to use it or even where to start.

If anyone can offer some help or point me in the right direction, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks.