Find the answer to your Linux question:
Install firefox from source ( post #1) I downloaded the tarbel ran tar zxvf firefox* ran the bin ./firefox-installer DOESNT INSTALL AND I GET THE FOLLOWING ERRORS (firefox-installer-bin:5999): Gtk-WARNING **: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing firefox from source (please help)

Install firefox from source ( post #1)

I downloaded the tarbel
    ran tar zxvf firefox*
    ran the bin ./firefox-installer
    DOESNT INSTALL AND I GET THE FOLLOWING ERRORS

(firefox-installer-bin:5999): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "smooth",
    (firefox-installer-bin:5999): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "smooth",
    [root@localhost firefox-installer]# /usr/lib64/firefox/firefox-installer/firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

im sure i have gtk cuz i saw it in a folder
    i tried locate libXp.so.6 found it was in /usr/X*/lib64, cp it to the firefox folder still same error.

i first installed it to /usr/local/src/firefox...same error
    moved to /usr/lib64/firefox...same error
    am i installing it in the right place

Please help me and thanks.

make sure that /usr/X11/lib64 is in your /etc/ld.so.conf, and then run ldconfig

Just Joined!
    Yeah it is and i ran ldconfig
    i tried to reinstall but i still got the same error.
    this has to be the most simpllest installation in the world and i cant do it
    Please help and thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    could it be gtk+
    im sure i saw it in a folder somewhere
    installing gtk+2.0 looks like a pain...worse than firefox

GOD PLEASE HELP ME

Just Joined!
    SeptivaOra: Sorry, God is busy at the moment. Please tell us what distro you're using. I ask because it might be better if you tried installling what you need other than by starting with a tarball .

Just Joined!
    im sorry
    fredora core 3
    amd64 3000+

just a little frustrated...just got off school.

i have looked at rpm's and the i386 rpm for firefox needslibray dependancies...where whould i put the library dependancies(/lib,/usr/lib)
    i can use yum but it uses the x86_64 bit version and many of the plugins are not supported for 64 bit.

please help and thanks