Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a old machine with celeron processor,64 MB sdram,40 GB hard disk. i have installed win98 & winXP and i have 1200 mb free space in my HD..i tried ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

booting problem

i have a old machine with celeron processor,64 MB sdram,40 GB hard disk. i have installed win98 & winXP and i have 1200 mb free space in my HD..i tried installing PCQlinux 2004 and i was successful..but after the
    installation is over and the system reboot for the first time,the reboot
    process gets halted midway giving a message on the screen as "/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit line 1012:[ : : expected".
    i have a daewoo monitor ,the model no i do not
    remember.At the time of installation monitor was not detected.So i selected a daewoo monitor model at random.please help me as i am unable to work on linux platform which i am really interested in.[/b]

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PCQuest.com
    PCQ Linux 2004 Project New Dawn
    What went into creating what is possibly the most application-rich Linux distribution available
    1200Mb may be too small for "the most application-rich Linux distribution available". I think most distros, for a graphic interface recommend at minimum, something like 3Gb. Maybe you should consider Damn Small Linux, or Puppy Linux. A long list of other distros and their main attributes is here: http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/

edit: I should add that I'm currently working on putting an absolute minimum Gentoo install on a 650Mb drive in a 486DX machine
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Linux Guru
    You may find this new thread from sealfood helpful, as well:
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/top...tml&highlight=
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    i could install with CUI package...leaving aside GUI.its running perfectly.THANX a lot