Find the answer to your Linux question:
Alright...I'm at the very last step of installing gentoo...the yaboot bootloader...I do yabootconfig....and it never works...it errors out time and time again...This is really frustrating because I can taste linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Gentoo-PPC

Alright...I'm at the very last step of installing gentoo...the yaboot bootloader...I do yabootconfig....and it never works...it errors out time and time again...This is really frustrating because I can taste linux gentoo yet it's oh sooo far away...Please help guys I need it

Don't konw about yaboot but have you tried grub or LILO? Grub has never given me any problems at all.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

flw
    Linux Engineer
    If you think yaboot is the problem then take a look at this: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc/yaboot-howto.html/ it contains installation and usage instructions for yaboot, the GNU/Linux PowerPC bootloader.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I don't know what the problem is....I'm not even going to try gentoo anymore...I want to move onto netbsd....yet again I CAN'T BOOT!!! please if you have any STEP BY STEP...KEY WORD BEING STEP BY STEP instructions for netbsd ppc installation please post it(btw i am on a g3 laptop bronze keyboard)

Obviously you have an alt.box, so my advice is to pull up the installation guide on one box whilst you install on the other...that's what I did my first time installing Gentoo (well...borrowed my roommate's lapcrap) and all went well.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy