Results 11 to 11 of 11
Originally Posted by mohsin installation tutorial is working but amsn is not working Here are the steps I followed to install AMSN: 1. Download amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin 2. Enter a terminal and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 04-05-2005 #11
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Originally Posted by mohsin
Here are the steps I followed to install AMSN:
1. Download amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin
2. Enter a terminal and allow yourself execution permissions using "chmod 500 amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin"
3. Type "./amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin" and a graphical wizard appears to guide you through the installation
4. "cd /opt/amsn-0.94" and then "./amsn"
If that doesn't work, then make a symbolic link to /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin/wish at /usr/bin/wish first (assuming you're using ActiveTcl and you install it at /usr/local/ActiveTcl/) using
"ln -s /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin/wish /usr/bin/wish" and try again
5. If it works, from now on you can use aMSN via the desktop shortcut
6. To start aMSN from the command line, do "ln -s /opt/amsn-0.94/amsn /usr/bin/amsn" and you will be able to start aMSN using "amsn" whenever you want
Also I have a question about how to run Gaim. Waiting for help.