Find the answer to your Linux question:
alright. im sick of this, im going to get to the bottom of this. Im on mandrake 9.1 right now want to install slackware or vector linux. but as usual ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

ok i really need help with Slack,Vector,Gentoo

alright. im sick of this, im going to get to the bottom of this. Im on mandrake 9.1 right now want to install slackware or vector linux. but as usual they will not work with my drive controller. earlier i said screw it but now im fed up i want to know why it wont work. is there something additional i need? ohh and i also want gentoo linux but of course mandrake 9.1 is all that i can get working ! arg

Linux Guru
    What kinds of errors were you getting again?

Linux User
    WAS getting bad EIP value but i found out the problem....a verry odd one. it didnt like my mouse being on PS/2 so after i got my new mouse(USB) it worked. i assume my ps/2 port is messed up but why would Man9.1 work along with Win2k? im confuzzled

Linux Guru
    Huh?! You're not saying it works now, do you? I cannot possibly believe that the PS/2 port can be the source of your problems.

Linux User
    as hard to belive as it is. its true. any ps2 mouse i try to install with it attacked. dont work. i get bad eip value. then when i load it with USB it runs just fine. then i tryed ti again with ps2 same error put it back to USB it worked fine. belive me i was as surprised as you are.