Find the answer to your Linux question:
i set up SuSE linux just fine and then it goes to a log in screen..the problem is i didnt enter a log in name..i entered a admin pass but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

i set up SuSE linux just fine and then it goes to a log in screen..the problem is i didnt enter a log in name..i entered a admin pass but i cant log in

Are you at a graphical login screen? If so, there should be a username with a picture on the left side of the login manager, and you would just have to enter a password.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    no im not

Then you should be able to login with the username "root" and the admin password you set during the install.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    thank you it works

ds80mx, I'd advise you to make a non-root (non-admin) user for yourself for security reasons, especialy if you are going online, since you don't want to acedentily delete that all-important file or some sutch
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2