Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have two versions of windows in my C:. I am trying to install FC3 in my hda2 and booting using ntldr (the reason is because grub cannot handle multiple ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    kv
    Just Joined!

kernel panic with FC3

I have two versions of windows in my C:. I am trying to install FC3 in my hda2 and booting using ntldr (the reason is because grub cannot handle multiple os on one drive).

During installation of FC3, I selected installing grub into first install partition and not MBR. The problem is that I get the grub menu (which I can avoid but keeping it till i get to boot into fc3) but while booting and after fedora seems to have gone thru most of the boot process, it dies with the message "Kernel panic. Attempted to kill Init!"

Any help !! I am getting to my limits on linux. Why is booting made so complex ? I just want to get the os up and running. Is that a lot ?

kernel i am using is 2.6.10-1.667

It seems that the bootloader is haveing problems with the initial RAMdisk image (initrd) and that is why its complining.

I've been looking around and it might be a problem with your bootloader.
    GrUB can boot many different OS's from the same drive, I've had a Windows/Linux dual boot with it, as well as a Linux/Linux dual boot and it is no problem adding more OS's.

this is all I can offer I'm sorry;

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2