Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to install a copy of FC3 on a server platform with dual CPUs and 4-20gig drives connected to Highpoint raid controller. I tried downloading and buring cds ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble installing FC3

I am trying to install a copy of FC3 on a server platform with dual CPUs and 4-20gig drives connected to Highpoint raid controller. I tried downloading and buring cds multiple times w/o success. Picked up a book with a limited version of the software on 2 cds. Used this, still froze. All attempts froze at the partition step. I even removed the raid configuration so it could see all 4 disks.

Finally after reading a number of posts attempted the install in text line mode. This seemed to work. I made it 83% of the way through before my computer froze. Just like it did during the partition step of the GUI install. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    David.

What are you computer specs?
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    The server was built by a small company:

2 - 400mgz Intel procs
    4 IDE 20g drives
    HighPoint 370 Raid Controller
    G-Force video card
    1/2 g RAM
    NIC card

Since I was having trouble, I removed the Raid configurations and left them as 4 straight drives, using only one of them for the initial install.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Often, installation problems come from faulty memory...you may want to run memtest and see if anything is futzed.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Update: I put the cd back in, rebooted and began installation again. It identified what was started. I used the text mode to reinstall and go over top of what was there. The install completed. I removed the CD and it rebooted into the welcome screen for Fedora. Unfortunately I ran out of time and have not had an opportunity to examine the install. Right now results appear to be good.

Thanks to all for the help. I'm sure I'll have some additional posts to come.

David.

I'm glad you have it working dkochis, let us know if you have any more questions.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2