Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I can offer just a couple of points, eliotj. First off, I think that it's important to defragment your windows partition be fore you resize it. No floppy, huh? And ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

I can offer just a couple of points, eliotj. First off, I think that it's important to defragment your windows partition be fore you resize it. No floppy, huh? And no install CD for windows, either? That's hazardous, but only for windows. You will find threads here about using the windows bootloader for dual-booting with Linux, but there are some hazards. And I think you need a floppy to get it set up. Grub is great if done right.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Just Joined!

Fedora Core 3 and Windows 2000 not playing nicely

I'm a relative newbie to linux and really like fedora 3...

i had that and xp existing quite nicely on a Sony VIAO...

but i switched to an IBM thinkpad a31...

I partioned the harddrive and installed windows...

after installing fedora 3 however, i'm getting a boot error telling me to replace a file called ntldr.exe

i have no problems finding arguments regarding the problem and several refernces to fixes but no good, hand-holding guide for the linux beginner...

Any help would be appreciated.

S

Linux Guru

Re: Fedora Core 3 and Windows 2000 not playing nicely

Quote Originally Posted by spity
    after installing fedora 3 however, i'm getting a boot error telling me to replace a file called ntldr.exe
    Are you not able to use the Windows CD to repair Windows? Or maybe you could get a copy of ntldr.exe and just copy it in, using your Fedora system?

Quote Originally Posted by www.techsupportforum.com/computer/topic/33289-1.html
    Hey,
    first, have u tried booting into the setup and then going into the recovery console? Else, use a bootable too boot into dos, and then extract ntldr.exe from the cd? its in the i386\ folder prolbably by the name ntldr.ex_ .
    While extracting it, I think, this is the way it's to be done:
    expand X:\i386\ntldr.ex_ c:\ OR
    expand X:\i386\ntldr.ex_ c:\ntldr.exe
    whichever works, where X is your CDROM drive.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2