Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just finished installing SuSE 8.2 Pro and it looks great. I am using KDE so i used the font installer to install all my Win fonts in linux. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Konqueror Fonts

I just finished installing SuSE 8.2 Pro and it looks great. I am using KDE so i used the font installer to install all my Win fonts in linux. I can find the fonts everywhere as choices (openoffice etc) but i can't find them in Konqueror. So i am stuck with some ugly greek fonts. How do i get Konqueror to see my win ttf fonts?
    Another thing, when i try to insert a special character with the keyboard in greek i can't find the right buttons. So i checked the character map and i found the key strokes for that character which are 0X03AC. I don't get it which buttons???
    Thanks in advance.

Linux Guru
    I'm also a bit curious about the first question. I've seen for a long time that newer GNOME and KDE programs seem to have a different font selection than all other X programs, including older GNOME programs. I haven't cared enough about it to find out, though. Does someone know what that is about, or will I have to find out myself? Does it have anything with Pango to do?

0x03AC is probably the Unicode character code for that character, though. The only way to write it, that I know of, would be to map it to a keyboard button with xmodmap.