Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I had installed Fedora Core 2 in my PC (with Pentium-iii Processor) and it has been running well under GUI since installation. There were on problem while using Graphcal ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No graphical install screen for FC3 only vertical hazy bars

Hi,
    I had installed Fedora Core 2 in my PC (with Pentium-iii Processor) and it has been running well under GUI since installation. There were on problem while using Graphcal installtion screen in order to install Fedora Core 2. But while I was installing Fedora Core 3 I only got many vertical hazy and different color bars after media test and Processor, Monitor, and Mouse Probing :( . I have Sumsung Samtron Monitor, with 256MB RAM in 2 Slots (128+128=256). I want ti install Fedora Core 3 with windows-98 duel boot system as it was with my Fedora Core 2 Linux. Will anybody help me please? I am newbie to the vast world of Linux, Please guide me :(

Linux Newbie
    I've had many problems with Fedora's GUI installer. In your case, it sounds like it's using a resolution that your monitor can't handle. You may need to do the install in text mode, then configure and start XWindows afterwards.
    Blog - KB5UMQ - Linux User #272983
    3 Rules:
    1) "It doesn't work..." is simply not useful information.
    2) Don't cross post!
    3) If you are asking for help, start by telling us your distro/os and version.

Just Joined!
    Kode... Thanks for your reply. But I want to inform you that I was just moving around with the verius option with the Installer CD. Suddenly I find that the graphical installer was working. To confirm that, it was actually working I rebooted the machine and just want to install in it regular way. But alas!! The same prblem I mentioned before arose again. However, I will try to upgrade my FC2 system with the text base installer. Do you think that it will do any hazards after installtions. I am very much confused.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie

pcq linux

hi
    i installed pcq linux(improvised fc3 with pcq goodies) it has the best gui to install linux .

Just Joined!

PCQ Linux

mohit Thanks for your reply. But can you tell me that if PCQ Linux is Stable enough as Fedora Core 3 ??? I think Fedora 3 could be more powerful that PCQ Linux, however I had not used it still now but I have the copy of PCQLinux 2005. What is your Suggestion?

Linux Newbie
    basically(actually) it is FC3 code..
    the thing here is the u won't have to download any other stuff like
    k3b or gaim etc,etc.........

bye
    Portability is for people who cannot programme