Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed Linux on my hard drive and I want to reinstall Win 98 and I keep getting a "file system error" problem. How do I revert back to Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with reformatting hard drive to windows for dual boot

I installed Linux on my hard drive and I want to reinstall Win 98 and I keep getting a "file system error" problem. How do I revert back to Windows using the Win 98 setup disk?? every option in fdisk keeps freezing fdisk.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Theres a couple of ways of doing it.

fdisk the partition(s) and then after there all gone, reboot to floppy. Then fdisk and create the active partition. Format c: /s . Then reboot without floppy. If all is well you be looking at the c: prompt.

Antoher method is some hard drive mfg's have a download able app for setup of there drive which will blow out the linux clusters. Then partition and format active partition.

Off the top of my head thats all I can think of assuming the drive is functioning correctly.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlanwan
    Theres a couple of ways of doing it.

fdisk the partition(s) and then after there all gone, reboot to floppy. Then fdisk and create the active partition. Format c: /s . Then reboot without floppy. If all is well you be looking at the c: prompt.

Antoher method is some hard drive mfg's have a download able app for setup of there drive which will blow out the linux clusters. Then partition and format active partition.

Off the top of my head thats all I can think of assuming the drive is functioning correctly.
    fdisk freezes with every option chosen...could that be an fdisk error and do I need a new startup? is there a place where i can find one online?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    bootdisk.com will allow you to download a new one. Make sure the floppy you use is in good condition (no bad sectors). Hopefully, it's just a problem with your copy of fdisk and not the actual drive.
    g/l
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein