Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've got 2 OSs on my box already.... Windows 98 (small Fat32 partition at the beginning of the drive to host BootMagic and to run an old game that doesn't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dual Boot with BootMagic8

I've got 2 OSs on my box already....
    Windows 98 (small Fat32 partition at the beginning of the drive to host BootMagic and to run an old game that doesn't work properly on XP) and Windows XP (NTFS partition).
    I went about installing SuSe 9.1 in some partitions that I created with PartitionMagic and that worked out great. Except for booting....
    BootMagic knows that Suse is there, but just hangs on boot when selected. Both forms of windows boot fine within bootmagic.
    Neither LILO or GRUB seem to want to recognize both of my windows OSs (only win9 and I'd prefer to just use what i've already got unless someone has some tips for how i can get either of the linux bootloaders to properly recognize the pre-existing partitions.
    I'm pretty new to Linux and even newer to Suse.

I'm not sure about bootmagic, but you can easaly add as many OS's as you want to GrUB that comes defaulte with SuSE 9.1. All you have to do is add a stanza for that OS in your /boot/grub/menu.lst usualy any OS's you already have on your system are added to your GrUB bootmenu at install.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2