Find the answer to your Linux question:
Have just installed Suse 9.2 on an Intel D865PERL M/B 2.8P4 1024Mb Mem (Dual boot XP Pro), have DHCP, DNS & Gateway through DLink DSL 504T Router. Everything is wonderful ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Suse 9.2 Unable to update or use Firefox

Have just installed Suse 9.2 on an Intel D865PERL M/B 2.8P4 1024Mb Mem (Dual boot XP Pro), have DHCP, DNS & Gateway through DLink DSL 504T Router. Everything is wonderful bar I cannot use YOU comes back unable to check for updates and I cannot use Firefox. Konqueror works fine. Firefox sits there for 3 or so mins then says unable to contact the site.

If somebody can help I'll be eternally greatfull.

Mutley

tfk
    Linux Newbie
    I'd disable dhcp and configure the network card. Most router have the IP address 192.168.1.1, so put this value into the Gateway and DNS fields, and an address like 192.168.1.2 for your network card (subnet 255.255.255.0). Maybe this helps...

In Firefox, check in the connection settings whether "Direct connection to the Internet" is selected.

If you want to get a new version of Firefox, download it from the Mozilla website. It has a comfortable installer.

-- Felix
    it\'s !Linux; it\'s GNU/Linux!
    [XBill] [GNU] [Viewable with Any Browser] [Drop me a mail]

Just Joined!

Sorted - Thank You

As I said - am eternally greatfull. Never even thought of it as I'd done LookSee installs of Fedora Core2 and tried a Knoppix CD and they had no probs with my DHCP. You are a star.

Mutley

PS - Raises a glass of red wine in your honour.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    tfk
    Linux Newbie
    PS - Raises a glass of red wine in your honour.
    it\'s !Linux; it\'s GNU/Linux!
    [XBill] [GNU] [Viewable with Any Browser] [Drop me a mail]