I've installed these two operating systems and just about everything works correctly. I've been trying to set up the boot loader in Mandrake since that is my main OS on this computer. Everything with Mandrake is working, however, while Xandros is booting there is only a black screen. Xandros WORKS, after about 20-30 seconds of blackness, Xandros shows up just fine. My problem is that it's rather disconcerting to stare at a black screen for that long before seeing anything. Does anyone know how I can load up the graphical boot screen for Xandros (btw, I dont think that I can just install the bootloader for Xandros as well because it only has the option to install to the beginning of the harddrive, not the beginning of the partition. That would kill my current bootloader and I wouldn't be able to configure it graphically from Mandrake.)

Can I just add a splash=/path/to/xandros.splash.b in the append line?
(I'm actually pretty new, so I don't know what a splash is for sure. Some searches on the internet made it sound like it was the graphical display during boot though.)

Here is my /etc/lilo.conf

default="linux"
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
keytable=/boot/us.klt
prompt
nowarn
timeout=60
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
image=/boot/vmlinuz
label="linux"