Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
root (hd0,6)=====>File system is Ext2fs====>partition type 0x83 kernel / vmlinuz ro root=0305======>Error 15 file not found boot =======>Error 8: kernel must be loaded before booting root (hd0,4)=====>File system is Ext2fs====>partition ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

root (hd0,6)=====>File system is Ext2fs====>partition type 0x83

kernel / vmlinuz ro root=0305======>Error 15 file not found

boot =======>Error 8: kernel must be loaded before booting

root (hd0,4)=====>File system is Ext2fs====>partition type 0x83

find /lost+found=======>Error 15 file not found

Linux Guru
    It's supposed to be "/vmlinuz", not "/ vmlinuz" (ie. without the space). Did you type that wrong only in the post or in the actual command as well?
    And, sorry, I forgot to tell you. If the kernel command returns file not found, then type a Tab directly after /vmlinuz (no space or anything, directly after), and GRUB will try to complete the filename.
    I also need the output of "cat /etc/lilo.conf" if it doesn't work. That must be executed after "root(hd0,4)".

Just Joined!
    hey thx for all your help I fixed the problem by reinstalling. I dont know what it was but it worked the second time I installed the same way I did before in the empty space on my harddrive and did a auto complete.

Linux Guru
    Now that is really strange. Oh well, at least it works.

Just Joined!

Im back

ok Im back and experiencing the same problem again. since I didnt have much of anything on my linux system so I preformed a clean instal yet again. later I booted to windows and when I tried booting into linux later I recieveed the the same error messege as before Y is this. Can anyone help this is really frustrating. My distro is mandreake 9.1, kerenel I cant remember, bootloader is lilo with a graphical interface and hmm I think thats pretty much it the rest is filed in the previous post to this threard from a few days ago, huh.

should I consider another distro if so which one and I will most liklly need help with the install so suggest one that is easy to learn thx.

Linux Guru
    I was just going to suggest that. Try RedHat 9 - it's stable enough and indeed easy to learn.

Just Joined!
    I had trouble trying to install 7.1 is 9.0 easier and where can I find a link to DL and ISO. thx

Linux Guru
    9.0 is far easier than 7.1, for good or bad, so to speak. The only URL I know of is one in Sweden, that's very fast from my location (it maxes my connection at 300 MB/s). If you don't find it fast from where you are, just check redhat's mirror list.
    ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distrib.../9/en/iso/i386

Just Joined!
    which ISO's should I DL

Linux Guru
    The i386 ones. The SRPMS ones are just source code.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast