Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello 1) Can not get my Lexar PC card adapter for compact flash to work as I want to on my Dell Inspirion 4000 and Mandrake 9.1 I would like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Howto install PC card-adapter (CF) Mandrake 9.1

Hello

1) Can not get my Lexar PC card adapter for compact flash to work as I want to on my Dell Inspirion 4000 and Mandrake 9.1
    I would like to sort of automount the card while inserting, and then in the same get a disk icon to pop up on the workspace. (Like in win XP which I would like to leave...), and in the similar way unmount automaticly while ejecting.
    The kernel recognice the card as a fixed disk /dev/hde

2) Due to work with pictures I would like oppinions with the best viewer (tumbnails) with the ability to easily rotate the images in preview mode. (again as in win XP, with photo folders...)

These are the last big problems for me, before I can fully migrate to Linux. Please help me out step by step.

Mans Jungner DDS
    Sweden
    mans.jungner@odont.umu.se

Linux Guru
    As for you first problem, I implemented a similar thing once for USB memsticks. I don't remember just how the PCMCIA hotplugging implementation works, but I'm pretty sure that /sbin/hotplug is called by the kernel every time you insert or eject a PCMCIA card. The CF card is PCMCIA compatible, right? Check out your hotplug scripts in /etc/hotplug and see if you can do anything useful in there.
    I don't work with images at all, so I can't help you with the other problem.