Find the answer to your Linux question:
is it possible to repartion SuSE after installation is completed? In the installation, it isn't very clear what is what, and it dousn't give you many options as to what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SuSE Partitions?

is it possible to repartion SuSE after installation is completed?

In the installation, it isn't very clear what is what, and it dousn't give you many options as to what you can do.

I wanted to format 10gb for SuSE, but it won't let me change it from its default value (2.4 gb).

So, could i go in later, make my windows partition smaller, then expand my linux partition? without losing any data?

Also, should i just do the large partiton right now? because i could just resize the windows using Partition Magic then the linux partition would, by default settings, fill up the empty space?

sincere linux n00b...

Hmm, you should be able to make the windows partition smaller with the SuSE partitioner (via YaST), but I'm not sure that you will be able to change the start of the SuSE partition to match that of the end of the windows partition.
    But you will be able to create another partition for share (formatted FAT32) between both OS's, or another linux partition, for storage.

I advise you to to this via Linux, and not via Partition Magic, since PM has been know to bork linux if it is used which linux installed on the hard drive.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2