Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I need to install SuSe 9.2 Pro on my Dell Inspiron 8600 without a CD. I'm thinking that I can mount it as a seperate partition, but how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help installing on a laptop, while on vacation

Hey guys,

I need to install SuSe 9.2 Pro on my Dell Inspiron 8600 without a CD.

I'm thinking that I can mount it as a seperate partition, but how do I boot from there? All I've found on google is information on how to do it from another Linux distro.

I'm on vacation and have limited equipment and am dying to get SuSe back on this machine.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

FOLLOW UP:

Well here's the deal-- this machine dosen't have a CD burner, but the iBook my girlfriend broght does, so I've been trying to create an ISO image on the Mac, but to no avail. Infact, I've used up three CDs just trying it. I even downloaded a third party program to burn it because the burning program that is used by default on OSX said the maximum disc capacity was 670mb, when really it was 700-- as recognized by the other program.

I'm not trying to buy Toast and she dosen't have any use for it, so purchasing the program it out. It's the only other computer I'll have access to all week.

What do you guys reccomend I do? I only have ONE blank cd left.

Help!

Linux Engineer
    have you tried finding toast titanium on limewire, or another p2p network...it does iso's pretty well, but does have some problems.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs