Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Timeout - AT keyboard not present

I have a dell desktop connected to a iogear switch. I configured kernel 2.4.29 and booted through it. Once the server comes up though, I cannot use the keyboard or the mouse. I try to type on the keyboard but nothing happens.
    dmesg shows me
    keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(ed)
    keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)

When I boot through the 2.4.21-15 kernel, both the mouse and keyboard work fine. Can anyone tell me whats going on? this is the first time i am seeing this error.

Thanks,
    Nik
    Fixing Unix is better than working with Windows.
    http://nikhilk.homedns.org/projects/index.html

Did you compile the new kernel "from scratch"? If so, did you use your old config or start from the ground up? You may have just left out a needed module.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux User
    i compiled it from scratch...dont know whats wrong...compiled the same kernel on 2 other machines connected to the switch and all give the same problem...the other kernels work fine...
    Fixing Unix is better than working with Windows.
    http://nikhilk.homedns.org/projects/index.html

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You could try copying your old .config file from your old kernel source directory to your new kernel source directory and running
    Code:
    make oldconfig
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson