Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm sure there is an answer to this question somewhere, but I looked around for a while and couldn't find anything. So I apologize if this is a repeat. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SuSe 9.2 Dual Booting (Booting Problems)

I'm sure there is an answer to this question somewhere, but I looked around for a while and couldn't find anything. So I apologize if this is a repeat.

I have 2 physical hard drives. 1 is partitioned into a C: drive, for my Windows XP Professional OS, and then also a D: drive from music, movies, and other data.

My other physical hard drive, E:, is 80 gigs, and I want to install SuSe Linux 9.2 Professional onto it. I downloaded the 5 CD set and burned them onto CD's. My problem is, when I put CD1 into my CD-Rom drive, and attempt to boot from it, it won't boot from the CD, and goes to Windows XP. I set my BIOS to boot from CD only, and it tells me "no OS found."
    I tried looking around for ways to boot from a floppy or something, but found no answer that I could understand.
    I also tried to boot from CD on my brother's computer, and again, it didn't work, so I'm really not sure where the problem lies.

Linux User
    Did you perform an md5sum to ensure that the download completely succesfully?

Did you burn the cd's correctly? When you look at the cd's from Windows, do you see a bunch of files, or just one? If it is just one, you did not burn them correctly.
    Look here for burning instructions,
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...iewcat&catid=8

Hopethis helps.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close