Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey all Im have a problem with the install of redhat 9.0 I can install fine but after the install when I attempt to log into the desktop I recieve ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

redhat 9.0

hey all Im have a problem with the install of redhat 9.0 I can install fine but after the install when I attempt to log into the desktop I recieve a messege saying incorrect username or password. When finishing the install I recieve an error messege saying that there was some trouble seting the user account but I continue anyways cause it says that I need a user account other thatn root /. I how can I fix this.

Linux Enthusiast
    log in as root and then look in system settings and users and groups - you can create a user there and delete the other one if it is corrupt or you can change the password to something different

Just Joined!
    ok well Im new to lunix so how do I log in as root I dont see anything that is like root or the equivalent to an administrator

Linux Enthusiast
    for username type: root
    password: your root password

Just Joined!
    yes, at login, type root. then enter password

Linux Engineer
    Hopefully you remember what root-password you had...but otherwise no worry, we can help you fix it anyway..
    Regards

Andutt