Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to find the easiest way to run linux and windows at the same time. I am not talking about dual booting i am talking about running both ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

I am trying to find the easiest way to run linux and windows

I am trying to find the easiest way to run linux and windows at the same time. I am not talking about dual booting i am talking about running both OS's at the same time on the same machine. I am sure i heard of a program that can do this. I can't seem to remember what it is called. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    PS. I am very new to Linux

One 20 gig HD with Winxp Pro in the first 14 gig and Red hat linux 7.2 in the remaining 6gig 5 for the OS and one gig for the swap. Also I can't find a good post or doc about how to install and config lilo for a dual boot with this set-up. Right now i have Winxp as the only bootable OS. I have to put in a Boot disk for linux. I know this is the chicken way but i had no info to go on.
    Thanks again for any help.

Just Joined!

Take a look if it still available

I heard in year 2000 of a software called VMware 2.0 that could make possible to run at the same time many OS like linux, windows 2000 and so on. Their web site was www.vmware.com

if they are still online you could take a closer look if there is a version compatible with xp.

be prepare to pay a lot... last time I saw it it was $299.00 U.S. dollars via download, and $329.00 USD boxed set.

good luck

Linux User

thanks for the help

Thanks for the help. I am looking for something that can do this for free. If it doesn't exist then could someone point me in the direction of some good Doc's on samba?
    Thanks again

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Doesn't PHAT linux do this

I thought i read somewhere that PHAT Linux can do this.

Linux User
    vmware is free for educational (AKA just messing around) work. You can't sell anything having to do with it, or use it as anything more than a toy unless you want to pay for it. Easy enough

Just Joined!
    KAZAA

Linux User
    samba docs at tldp.org
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.