Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear friends... i installed mandrake 10.1 and after the restart the system ask me username and password ..i fill in but after go on username@server username and blinking...what i have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

after installation problem

Dear friends... i installed mandrake 10.1 and after the restart the system ask me username and password ..i fill in but after go on username@server username and blinking...what i have to write to start the operation system????
    sorry but i m new and i install for the first time..
    can anyone help me??????

Linux Guru

Re: after installation problem

If it says [username@server username]$ and blinking you have started the operation system but you have not started the graphic interface. If you are very lucky, it will start with the command "startx". Otherwise, you will need to fix the configuration for the graphic interface. If you run "startx" and you see the message "no screens found", you should run this command:
    Code:
    less /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    (use up/down arrow keys to scroll and press q for quit to get out of "less" command) and look under the headings of "Section Monitor", "Section Device" and maybe "Section InputDevice" to see if the installation has not correctly recognized your hardware. If you can't sort it out, you can post one or more of those sections and the identification of your hardware for discussion.

Or maybe startx will work.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better