Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I currently run Windows XP andwant to get rid of it completely in favour of LBA Linux. I've just got a DVD for the full installation of LBA Linux, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing LBA Linux instead of Win XP

Hi, I currently run Windows XP andwant to get rid of it completely in favour of LBA Linux. I've just got a DVD for the full installation of LBA Linux, and the installation notes just say to insert the DVD and restart my laptop. However, every time I try this, XP just starts without reading the DVD. What do I do?

Thanks,
    James

Sounds like you're not set up to boot from your DVD drive before your hard drive. You need to change your boot sequence in the BIOS.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Thanks! How do I do that? Really sorry, pretty new to this and still not up with the inner workings of PCs...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Go into the BIOS, and change the boot order,
    There might be something special you have to do with your laptop if the above doesn't work. Check your Laptop's manual on how to boot from DVD.

I am just assuming that you have a DVD reader, I knew a guy who tried to read a DVD iso without a DVD reader.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ