Find the answer to your Linux question:
Alright Guys .. this is QD again. I've come to a decision, I'm going to install Gentoo Linux on my 10GB harddrive, and keep RH8 on my 20. now i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Installation Questions for Gentoo

Alright Guys .. this is QD again.
    I've come to a decision, I'm going to install Gentoo Linux on my 10GB harddrive, and keep RH8 on my 20. now i know it won't affect much considering they are both linux harddrives and formatted as such, but how could it affect the GRUB bootloader?
    Has anyone installed Gentoo as well and if so, how easy was it comparable to other installations???
    Other question is ... if i were to download the installation cds, where could i download it from and how many cds SHOULD come with it. also ... hehe, how could i burn the iso to cd using a linux program? If i have any other questions, trust me i will ask cause i am completely lost on this matter.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux Newbie
    WOW!! i just found an awesome site to buy the needed installtion cds for cheap. i figured i would go this way so i knew i had the right cds, and i only have a 28.8 connection at my house. so its better this way. the site is called www.almostfreelinux.com and here is what i all got

MandrakeLinux 9.1 - $6.00
    Gentoo Linux 1.2 - $2.00
    FreeBSD 5.1 - $4.00
    Slackware Linux 9.0 - $2.00
    YellowDog Linux 2.0 - $1.60

I know some of you are saying ... WHY ARE YOU PAYING FOR LINUX!? well its simple, ease and heck ... it would have taken me ages to get all these cds and distros. if anyone else is in the same boat, check the site out.

*DISCLAIMER*
    i am in no way affiliated with almostfreelinux.com. i just found it and it had exactly what i wanted and was a easy site to use and quick and simple, and thought i would share it with everyone else just in case someone else was looking for the same thing.
    -Brandon C. Brown ... aka QuickDraw
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.