Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have finally got Linux installed on my slave drive. I've installed Debian Woody on the slave with Win98 on the master. It took a while to get my monitor ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Two button wheel mouse with debian

I have finally got Linux installed on my slave drive. I've installed Debian Woody on the slave with Win98 on the master. It took a while to get my monitor and video card configured but I;ve got it. Next up is getting the mouse right and sound card to work. From what I've read about getting the sound working it is very difficult for a newbe and so I'll put that off until I get more experience. But the mouse should be easier.

Anyone have advice on how to set it up? I used dpkg-configure to set up the Xfree86Config-4 file for the monitor refresh rates. I assume I should do the same for the mouse. Currently, the mouse is set as p/s2 aux and works except for scrolling. Should I edit Xfree86Config-4 file with vi and insert some lines about scrolling?

Thanks very much for your help.

Linux Enthusiast
    I just installed debian and know of the problems you are having. I can't seem to get X to work - it keeps saying that tdfx (which is for my voodoo 3) is not a loaded module so I have to figure out how to add it.

In terms of your mouse, usually the imps/2 identifier works so I am not sure what else you could change. What is your Axis mapping set to? Try "4" "5". Sometimes that does the trick.

Linux Newbie
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Stick that under the mouse device and your scroll button will work.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close