Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well I was going to install Mandrake 10.1, but bailed out last minute. Instead, I will be installing FC3. I downloaded the 4 CD's. The checksums were correct, however, when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

fc3 install issue

Well I was going to install Mandrake 10.1, but bailed out last minute. Instead, I will be installing FC3. I downloaded the 4 CD's. The checksums were correct, however, when installing it said there was something wrong with my media content. So I am hoping someone can help me resolve this issua, because I don't want those 4 CD's to go to waste.

Banned
    That's a known bug.
    If the md5sums are correct, just ignore it

Just Joined!
    Well when the error msg pops up it says it will abort.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yipster
    Well when the error msg pops up it says it will abort.
    Also if you don't ask the installer to check the CDs?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Also if you don't ask the installer to check the CDs?
    I don't get what you mean. I think I should rephrase what happens. I used the graphical installer. I skip checking the media on the CD's. I go through the install options. When Fedora starts is about to start installing, a message window pops up saying something is wrong with my media content and its going to abort. There is only one button in the window and its says "ok". After I click it, my CPU restarts.(I've done the media check and its said all my CD's failed, but the checksums are right) To be more specific the error/window says something like this "error installing glibc-common-2.3.3-74, this is a fatal error and the installation will abort after you click ok"Note: Not exact words.