Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
You should have run the command "lilo" after adding to the file. Well, well, done is done, as they say. But I guess you should have chosen GRUB this time. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

You should have run the command "lilo" after adding to the file.
    Well, well, done is done, as they say. But I guess you should have chosen GRUB this time. It's much more versatile than LILO. I think the problem you're having now is actually a bug in windows' boot code, which can be fixed with GRUB.

Just Joined!
    yeah i thought so. i didnt know i was supposed to run LILO after added to its configuration file. Well, I guess I'll reinstall it this time using Grub as the bootloader and see what happens.

Just Joined!
    This morning I went to Best Buy to buy Mandrake 9.0 since it seems I cant get a copy w/o errors on it. So I went to the store and it was like 90 bucks for it. I checked my wallet and only had like 80 and I didnt know how much I had in my credit card thing (lol). So I went and got something to eat and while I was sitting in my car, I looked across the street and saw a CompUSA store. I then went there and they didn't have Mandrake, but they had Red Hat and SuSe. One of me friends recommended using SuSe so I bought that. I just got home and I installed it, and it is working. It is dual booting and stuff like it should. Thanks for all your help and if I run into any other problems Ill post it here.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3