Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I just downloaded Debian on my pc. My friend had installed it for the first time for me (who was a linux pro). and now that my hard drive ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hi, I just downloaded Debian on my pc.
    My friend had installed it for the first time for me (who was a linux pro). and now that my hard drive had died, and i had to install it by myself it doesnt seem like what i had before. Everything seems like messed up. Web browsers dont function properly; for example Konqueror doesnt show its buttons(Back, Fwd, Reload....), and with Firefox all the frames have different colors like patches.
    above all I cannot adjust how big all the frames look...
    I am using KDE 3.3 but doesnt help
    If you have any suggestions pls. let me know.

Thanks....

Just Joined!
    What do u mean by "my hard drive had died"?

If you have installed debain then, things should have been fine. What exactly created this problem?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan_linux_windows2000
    What do u mean by "my hard drive had died"?

If you have installed debain then, things should have been fine. What exactly created this problem?
    well after my hard drive didnt work, I had to buy a new one, then i installed debian on the new hard drive.
    I didnt have any problems when i had linux before. This one, that i installed, has some problems; it wont let me change the window resolution(toolbars and panels are really big, and it wont let me make them smaller), doesnt recognize 'll' command....

Another question: Since i have to hard drives on my pc, I wanna mount the partition that i have everything(data) on. how do i do that???
    (in mnt directory i have hde1 and hdf1)

thanks...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close