Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear Friends , I am the new user of linux. I also install the linux 7.3 and Fedora Core 2 from 4 CDs. Now I purchased in DVD CD of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I want 2 install the Linux from DVD CD but Boot failure DVD

Dear Friends ,

I am the new user of linux. I also install the linux 7.3 and Fedora Core 2 from 4 CDs.
    Now I purchased in DVD CD of Linux, which include the Linux 7.3, 8.0, 9.0 and Fedora Core 2 only one DVD CD. I check the DVD CD, run and open the cd successfully. But when I boot the CD from DVD then the this cd cannot boot and show the message first boot from cd failure. Now friends I want to install the linux from DVD CD, Plz help how can I boot the cd from DVD CD or if not possible what is the solution of install the linux from DVD CD.

Now plz reply to me, I am waiting ur reply answer.

Take Care

Bye
    Kashif

Are you sure that the dvd is a bootable iso disk? In that it is designed to boot, and not just store iso imagess (bootable images) of Red hat linux 7.3, 8.0, 9.0 and Fedora Core 2. It may be that you have to burn the iso images that are within the dvd to a cd each, and then boot these cd's which you will have to burn as an iso image cd.

Another option is that you have a cd-rom drive and you are trying to boot a dvd with it, this will not wark since they are not the same media.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2