Results 1 to 3 of 3
hey i just installed arch linux but idk what to do after you get to the grub prompt...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 04-25-2005 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
- 04-25-2005 #2
What kind of grub prompt is it? GRUB_ or grub>?
If it is the first one, you will have to reinstall Grub.
The second one is a little easier.
Follow these steps
1. Type "find /boot/grub/stage1" if you have a separate boot partition, take out the /boot
2. Type "root (xxx,x)" the results you get from step 1.
3. Type "kernel (xxx,x)/boot/" then hit TAB, and select the name of your kernel from the list. Put it in and hit ENTER
4. You might have to put an initrd entry in as well. If so do step 3 again, substuting "initrd" for kernel
5. Type "boot" and hit ENTER and you should be all set.
If it was the first, go here for instructions on reinstalling Grub
Hope this helps.How to know if you are a geek.
when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
New users read The FAQ
- 04-26-2005 #3I\'m so tired .....