Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am looking to make my own customized bootable Linux CD. I am fairly new to the linux realm, but I do have some experience. Any help would be greatly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Creating a custom Live CD

I am looking to make my own customized bootable Linux CD. I am fairly new to the linux realm, but I do have some experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The reason that I started this post is so that it can be an ongoing post that will show the progress that I have made, as well as be a central spot that I can look for information.

Currently I am reading about creating Linux from Scratch, and examining some other Live Linux Distro images:

Knoppix
    PHLAK

Thanks in advance!

-Swiftfeet_8

as per linux forums' rules you are requested not to post homework questions on here, else you could get banned.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    It's not homework, it is a project that I took upon my self to demonstrate to the class. I'm not looking for someone to take my hand and walk me through it, but I am looking for a place that could potentialy give me information that I may need that I can't find elsewhere.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    ok, sorry for the confusion, just the post made out that it was something that you were given for homework. Maybe google linux will help you out.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327