Find the answer to your Linux question:
I went to reboot my computer after removing some applications in windows Xp, and I got the error NTLDR missing, Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE To reboot. I can not access windows xp ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

NTLDR MISSING, I need some help please

I went to reboot my computer after removing some applications in windows Xp, and I got the error NTLDR missing, Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE To reboot. I can not access windows xp anymore. I am running windows Xp sp2, and dualbooting with red hat 4 enterprise. I am very new to redhat. I am using grub as a boot loader. I hace tries to rewrite the boot partiton of my c drive which is my windows drive, using the windows install disk. Redhat is installed on on the G drive i believe. Thanks for the help. Greatly appriciated. Tony

I hace tries to rewrite the boot partiton of my c drive which is my windows drive, using the windows install disk.
    Could you clear this up for me please, I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Can you not use the XP repair cd to replace Ntldr

If I understand your problem correctly, this should work
    Code:
        Windows XP users

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
           2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
           3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
           4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
           5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
           6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
              copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.
    Hope this helps.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ