Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, Does anyone here in the forums use DSL ? I just have some questions about it. Thanks, David...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Damn Small Linux

Hello All,
    Does anyone here in the forums use DSL ? I just have some questions about it.
    Thanks,
    David

Linux Engineer
    Maybe.. just ask

However, if it's something DSL specific then I'd suggest you to use their forums:

http://damnsmalllinux.org/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Just Joined!
    serz,
    WOW..your avatar sure gets my attention I've posted some questions already in the dsl.org forums, I guess some people in there are in a similar situation as I am..they don't know about all the features in that software either. I've recently tried some other distro's, ( linspire,puppy linux, knoppix ) with those..my desktop screen looks what I consider normal. That is there are images that display correctly, icons are displayed properly on the screen, etc. > Also, as I still use a dial-up internet connection, it's very simple to setup a connection with the other distro's, so far wit dsl..I haven't got that accomplished. With linux..I use a bestdata external serial modem, that works fine with the other distro's. So I feel like if I can ever get the connection setup with dsl, it will work with that also. Thanks for any suggestions you might provide. I downloaded this file from the 'net' : kwvdial-0.10.src.tar.gz , but I really don't know what to do with it. I'm trying to learn about linux AND dsl at the same time..
    David

Linux Engineer
    Well, that's a source tarball (.tar.gz), that means that its all source code you will have to compile to use it. I don't know if DSL provides you the packages to compile software (gcc, make, etc).

However, this is a pretty good guide on compiling software.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Linux Engineer
    If I got it right DSL don't include gcc, make etc. but they can be innstalled with apt.

Just Joined!

slax/dsl

I personaly like Slax better. but they are both good i guess.

~Clem

---------------------
    Http://clem.ecwhost.com