Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Alright, since my last correspondance I've messed around with my partitions up and down, and done the following- made the ext3 partition (twice, deleted it in between), and even messed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Alright, since my last correspondance I've messed around with my partitions up and down, and done the following- made the ext3 partition (twice, deleted it in between), and even messed with the drive labels, swapping hda3's "/" to hda4 temporarily. Still no money, Auditor is still hell bent on making itself on my FC3 partition. Any more ideas?

Try making it free space or unformatted space.
    I am not familiar with Auditor, but I have had to do that with distros before, to get them to recognize where I wanted it to install to.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    Alright, I'll go for that then. The hd installer in this distrobution seems kinda weak anyways, it looks more like a fairly basic script with a GUI, so I'm not sure it even has any formatting abilities, but I can go for it anyways.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Just a thought, but is hda4 partitioned as primary or extended. and hopefully if its extended youve made a logical partition, and if its logical, maybe the boot loader is so weak it wont install into logical parttions. but i dont know just an idea.

Just Joined!

RE

Yea, that was one of the first probs I thought I was going to have, and I realized it was on an extended under logical, so I remade it as my fourth primary, but still nothing. Thank you for your time though

Quote Originally Posted by GBW88
    Alright, I'll go for that then. The hd installer in this distrobution seems kinda weak anyways, it looks more like a fairly basic script with a GUI, so I'm not sure it even has any formatting abilities, but I can go for it anyways.
    I seriously doubt that it has any formatting abilities.
    According to Distrowatch, Auditor is a livecd, with no installing necessary.
    That is not to say that it can't be installed, but the purpose of it seems to be a rescue linux.
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    but a question still remains that why would it like only his hda3, and not the other one which sounds like its perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by erutocc
    but a question still remains that why would it like only his hda3, and not the other one which sounds like its perfectly fine.
    I couldn't say why that would happen.
    I have had SUSE do that to me before, but once I amde a partition unformatted, it went right to it.
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    Just a quick update- still no luck, I had to clean my whole comp in the past few days, so I figured it would clean up the problem I'm having. I'm trying to install Auditor first now, before even FC3, and even with the partitions, only hda2 as swap and hda3 as ext3, it detects no partitions. I dunno, the installer seems pretty messed up I guess.

And ya, it is a live boot CD, but since I'm just a perfectionist like that, I kinda wanted it on my hardrive, which is a viable option and is addressed on their website (www.remote-exploit.org), but following their directions I get nothing. I just wanted to run it off the hd because its mostly MUCH faster, and I don't feel like having to cart the CD around too much. I dunno though, I'm running low on ideas.

Just Joined!
    when u cleaned up your comp did u remove the windows partition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast