So i want to build a cross compiler on cygwin, and i dont really think the cygwin or distcc mailing list is an appropriate forum for this kinda question, and i happen to know the guy who runs the crossgcc forum has tendinitis, so here i am.

im building a cross compiler to use as a distcc server on cygwin for my gentoo box. i can use the script and add the ibm stack protection patch, and it works with distcc. i kinda wanted to use my gentoo-patched gcc-source tree, but when i swap one with the other, i get this:

Code:
Links are now set up to build a cross-compiler for i686-pc-linux-gnu
  from i686-host_pc-cygwin.
updating cache ../config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
sed: can't read /cross/build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3.5-glibc-2.3.2/gcc-3.3.5/gcc/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating intl/Makefile
sed: can't read /cross/build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3.5-glibc-2.3.2/gcc-3.3.5/gcc/intl/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating fixinc/Makefile
sed: can't read /cross/build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3.5-glibc-2.3.2/gcc-3.3.5/gcc/fixinc/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating gccbug
creating mklibgcc
creating mkheaders
creating auto-host.h
+ test  =
+ make all-gcc
make: *** No rule to make target `all-gcc'.  Stop.
the only var that has changed is where i swap the gcc source i patched via the gentoo "ebuild" script. those files exist!