Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have the DHN-520 PCI Home Phone Network Adapter installed and can not seem to locate any drivers (beta or full) to try and get Red Hat 8.0 to recognize. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

D-Link DHN-520 HPNA Help getting Linux to work with...

I have the DHN-520 PCI Home Phone Network Adapter installed and can not seem to locate any drivers (beta or full) to try and get Red Hat 8.0 to recognize. I have searched in these forums and on the forums of many other sites, plus I have scoured the internet. Didn't turn up much of anything, so if anyone else has had much success getting this hardware to work with any version of RH much less 8.0 then some advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    James

Linux Guru
    You can use your phone lines as a network bus? Cool! Anyway, could you post the PCI interface chip's name here?

Just Joined!

PCI Interface Chip

It is a Broadcom BCM4210 PCI/MSI controller chip. I believe that is the chip that you are referring to, but it isn't exactly like an ethernet controller so I'm not sure.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Found something...but can't seem to get it to work

Found a beta driver here -> http://www.network-drivers.com/drivers/60/60020.htm

but it was only tested under RH 6.2 and 7.1, and when I try to compile the binaries under RH 8 I get a flood of errors. Probably doing something wrong here.

Linux Guru
    It seems that Broadcom has a linux driver for that chip, but that they only release it to OEMs. I'll check some more and see what more I can find.

Linux User
    no there was a change in the C compiler standards(from 7.3 to 8.0, the new version of gcc 2.96), actualy there was a change in the trandards the compiler enforced you can modify the code yourself if you want - there are some guides on moving over, but its kinda nasty
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

Just Joined!

Thanks for the info...

Ok well that makes me feel better. Seeing as it is written in C, I could probably sit down and rewrite it. Thanks for the info on the compiler change. Might actually be a neat little project to undertake considering the classes I'm currently taking. If I come up with something I'll make sure to post about it. Thanks to all who helped.

Just Joined!
    I could use the same driver too. It's my only way to get the computer to the internet.