Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Yes, it is on the RH9 CDs....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Yes, it is on the RH9 CDs.

Just Joined!
    cool, i've got half of the 2nd redhat done

Linux Guru
    Yeah, I forgot to mention: those files are on the first CD, so that you don't make any mistakes on that part.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    again.. i'm a moron... command line linux requires 64 megs to run.... i only have 32. anyone know where i can get a hd for cheap so i can run it on the new computer? i don't want to partition this one.

Linux Guru
    Linux doesn't require 64 MBs to run. Admittedly, it will be very slow if you run GNOME or KDE (or Mozilla) with 32 MBs RAM, but the rest of the system runs just fine with 32 MBs, provided that you have enough swap. I run two of my servers on 32 MBs.
    I guess GNOME or KDE is what you want, though. If you can satisfy yourself with a text mode system, though, 32MBs will be just fine. If you configure your X manually, it will also run just fine. Some of the smaller desktop environments, like Enlightenment or Blackbox, might also run on 32 MBs, but I haven't tried, so I can't say.
    I have a laptop with 32 MBs of RAM as well, which I use very much for, well, doing stuff. I don't run GNOME or KDE on it, though, and Mozilla is far too large for 32 MBs of RAM.
    GNOME, KDE and Mozilla are probably the largest memory hogs in recorded history, rivaled only by Winbloze. All other Linux stuff, like I said, runs just find on 32 MBs, though.

Otherwise, HDDs are basically cheap wherever you get them these days... =) I don't know where you live, but here in Sweden, I can easily get a 30 GB HDD for less than $60, which is still a bad deal in terms of cost per byte.

Just Joined!
    i gave up on the old computer... gonna get a new hd for the 2k machine and run dual boot. gotta wait till my money comes in the mail.
    i would partition the existing one, but mom would ***** :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2