Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I installed Win2K on a single HD in the first partition (/dev/hda). I installed RH 9.0 in the second partition and chose Lilo as the boot loader. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RH 9.0 and Win2K dual boot

Hi all,

I installed Win2K on a single HD in the first partition (/dev/hda). I installed RH 9.0 in the second partition and chose Lilo as the boot loader. I chose to have it installed in the MBR. After reloading, I end up booting right into Win2k. I never get the lilo prompt. Any ideas?

IP

where did you install lilo? at hdb or hda? You have to install lilo at the harddisk you are booting with

Kriss he said he installed it on one disk with two patitions, It sounds like something went wrong, Which did you install first Windows or Linux? Cause if you installed Windows last it would have over-written the MBR so lilo wont work.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    so the way ahead for this user is to boot with the emergency boot diskette that he created during the install, and re-do the LILO stuff.

have fun

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS

flw
    Linux Engineer
    so the way ahead for this user is to boot with the emergency boot diskette that he created during the install
    This assumes that he created a emergency boot disk during install. Maybe just me, but I think most people don't.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Ol Man: whops! I read it wrong, I guess...

Anyway, you can allways boot of from the cdrom, so I dont need a bootdisk. Maybe thats why most people dont create bootdisks?