Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey I was going to use windows xp for gaming but that is all. My windows os will be extremely limited, im disabling everything, and removing all windows software that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Dual boot for gaming

Hey I was going to use windows xp for gaming but that is all. My windows os will be extremely limited, im disabling everything, and removing all windows software that I can. I have somewhat small hard drive (37Gb). Besides extra space for games, how much should I be able to squeeze windows in. In other words, say this: Windos OS space=x; space for games=y; The windows partiton size= x+y. How big should x be?

Sorry this is such a confusing question, im just trying to get the most out of my hard drive, and dont want to waste any precious linux space.
    Registered Linux user #390336

Linux Engineer
    Is this Windows XP? The minimum system requirements for XP say you need 1.5GB, but you can probably go smaller than that. To be safe, I'd just go with 1.5GB for "x"

I'd agree that x should be around 1.5 GB, though there are not many things in XP that you can leave out After all, it is not linux.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

xp for games

Quote Originally Posted by psic
    I'd agree that x should be around 1.5 GB, though there are not many things in XP that you can leave out After all, it is not linux.
    i have xp/xandros on my 466 celeron and i only have a 40 g western digital i partioned it in to 3 hard drives hda0 has 14235 hda 1 has 15123 hda2 has 14356 and xp is on hda0 xandros is on hda2, hda1 is just for games now the hda0 is 512k while hda1 is 4k or if you want you can format hda1 at 2k for faster gaming I use hda1 to install games in but you canstill install windows xp in as small as 1.5 i recommend at least 2 gigs because since i'm useing a old cpu my memory takes from the hda0 or you can switch your swap file to hda1 but whatever you have to remember is what size is it 2k or 4k that can effect how fast it will seek when memory is using thswap file good luck