Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I edited.. 3am.. Based on the code you pasted in (I have never used Debian): Code: auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.1.101 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

I edited.. 3am..

Based on the code you pasted in (I have never used Debian):

Code:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.101
        netmask 255.255.255.0
    Use the DNS servers provided by ipconfig, no clue how to set them with Debian however.

Linux Newbie
    So the DNS name servers would be 151.197.0.38 and 151.197.0.39?

Do I need to do anything to reconfigure the IP, gateway, subnet mask, etc. besides editing /etc/network/interfaces?

Also, I still don't know what driver to use for the network card. That is my main problem.

Linux Newbie
    Somewhere, there should be something similar to Slackware's /etc/rc.d/rc.modules, and it should say which module is for what in there.

Those would be the DNS servers, but I can't answer your question on reconfiguring.. *hangs head in shame and downloads Debian*

Edit: Try running /sbin/modprobe 8139too

Linux Newbie
    Edit: Try running /sbin/modprobe 8139
    Before I go ahead and reboot, can you explain to me what that is supposed to do, so I can have some sort of expectation?

Thanks for your help - I'm making progress!

Linux Newbie
    That will probe your machine for cards to match the driver specified, and then load the kernel module if it finds any (I believe). It's 8139too btw, not 8139.. Took that straight from me rc.modules, dunno if it'll work for you.

Linux Newbie
    Ok, thanks. I will try it tomorrow, first thing.

Linux Newbie
    I found a problem that I think would solve the network issues (in fact I am sure of it). If I can do this, then I don't need the network.

After I tried to install Debian, I got to the apt sources configuration section. I'm using a DVD to install from. For some reason, it isn't working.

I logged in as root and typed in 'apt-cdrom add'. It says "E: Unable to load mount point". E:\ is my cd drive. Why isn't it working? The cd was working until I got to this point. Please help.

I think it's because I didn't mount /cdrom or something - how do I correctly configure that?

This is a very newbie question, but it's blocking me from installing C/C++ and X-Windows.

Linux Newbie
    I feel really, really stupid right now.

I forgot to put in the CD. WAHAHAHA what a dumb mistake. I thought I was having problems mounting the drive.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeh
    I edited.. 3am..

Based on the code you pasted in (I have never used Debian):

Code:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.101
        netmask 255.255.255.0
    Use the DNS servers provided by ipconfig, no clue how to set them with Debian however.
    Hi..
    I need one help ..i am geting the same errors while trying to ping ..like
    Device driver interface not found!!and if tried to configure net while installing it gives "insmod 8139too failed"
    Seems like windows driver intel(R) PRO/100 VE is not supporting n linux and i am not able to find out the replacement for the same ...
    pls help me out !!!

Just Joined!

replacement 4 intel(R) PRO/100 VE in linux

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi..

I need one help .I am instaling linux ....i am geting the same errors while trying to ping ..like
    Device driver interface not found!!and if tried to configure net while installing it gives "insmod 8139too failed"
    Seems like windows driver intel(R) PRO/100 VE is not supporting n linux and i am not able to find out the replacement for the same ...
    pls help me out !!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2