Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone. I just installed Fedora Core 3 on my desktop, which some of you know since you helped me, and its dual booting with windows. now, since i like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Laptop Dual Boot

Hey everyone. I just installed Fedora Core 3 on my desktop, which some of you know since you helped me, and its dual booting with windows. now, since i like it so much, i am thinking of dual booting windows and fedora core 3 on my laptop. i am, however, worried about the speed. i have a dell 600m with a 1.5GHZ celeron M processor, and 512 mb ram. I am also worried about space, it only has a 30gb hard drive, and with only about 15 free. (i have a lot of music and movies on it, because of travel) so what i want to do if it won't make slow, is partition about 15 gb for windows, 10gb for shared files (music and movies) and then 5gb for fedora. is this a good idea?
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Linux Engineer
    another os will not slow down your comp, only one will be running at once; however, you may want to add more than 5gb especially for a distro that takes such a large amount of space as fedora. Or you could try a more slimmed down distro, slackware is pretty vanilla, and gentoo installs the most minimal system you can imagine--you choose all the packages so no bloat. With kernel modules you will be able to read from ntfs on your windows partition, so you may also be able to use a smaller share drive of fat32 so both os's have write access to them
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

i think i need a bigger hard drive. that would make it so much easier.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close