Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to linux please help me. I just built my new rig as seen in my signiture. I would really like to not have to go back to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Drivers for Radeon9800Pro help.

I am new to linux please help me. I just built my new rig as seen in my signiture. I would really like to not have to go back to windows XP so where can I find drivers for my Radeon9800Pro. As you may know the radeon is based on the R350 architecture so some of the fireGL drivers are supposed to work but they can't install becuase I don't have libc63 or something like that. I am running mandrake 9.1 becuase it has autoprobing and support for my SATA drives.

Thanks

Linux Guru
    I don't have a Radeon card myself, so I can't tell for sure what the current state of the driver is, but all that I have heard about it is that it's really poor quality, and that it's not at all the same kind of performance that the Windows driver gives you. In any case, it seems to be available here:
    http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/l...eon-linux.html

Linux Engineer
    hmm... released november 2002. ie before the 9800 means i doubt its gonna work. i use the drivers from dri.sourceforge.net on a 9200 and it would work except i got agp driver problems.

the libc problem... does it say "libc.so.6 (>= glibc2.3.2) required" or somethign similar? menas u need to update glibc, which will throw up a whole lot of dependencies. u pretty much have to reinstall the newest verion of xfree (get 4.3-13 not 4.3-18 as mandrake have not released verion -18 of some of its dependencies and it wont install) , newest glibc, and a couple of other things depending on what versions of files 9.1 comes with.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close