Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently installed a version of Mandrake-Linux. I think I must have accidentally installed server components unintentionally and now all I have is a command prompt. (I only had disk ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux and XP Problem

I recently installed a version of Mandrake-Linux. I think I must have accidentally installed server components unintentionally and now all I have is a command prompt. (I only had disk one of the installation.) Anyway, I was going to download the other two disks, burn the Images to CD's and perform a complete re-install of Linux. Everything seemed to work fine last night (other than the only thing I'm getting is a command prompt). But when I booted up this morning and chose NT from Lilo (I had disabled BootMagic to make sure there was nothing else I could do about the command prompt) it gave was loading fine for about 30 seconds before giving me this: "autochk not found-Skipping Autocheck", then it reboots to LILO. I have tried the recovery consoele on the XP Boot Disk but nothing seems to work. Anyone know what's wrong? And if anyone does, please let me know if it's going to involve wiping the hard drive.

Could you post your /etc/lilo.conf file?
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...

flw
    Linux Engineer
    The recovery app is hosed. See http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...003/05/2/58935 for some details. If you enter your error msg into google you'll get plenty of hits on that exact error msg for more info on it.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks