Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, I am slowly getting used this Linux business. I am using KDE right now. Finally figured out how to configure my monitor's refresh rate etc without a driver (yay!) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Who wants to help me set up my palm pilot :)

Okay, I am slowly getting used this Linux business. I am using KDE right now.

Finally figured out how to configure my monitor's refresh rate etc without a driver (yay!)

Now I am trying to sync with KPilot. In order to do so, I need to let linux know where it is (is this where I would say 'mount' the palm pilot? heh).

The command the manual states to use is ln to link the palm pilot serial port number to a specific directory where the program looks for it.

This would be fine -- think I could muddle through it, if only all Palm's nowadays are USB and do not connect to a serial port.

How do I link a USB port so that the program can use it?

(for reference: if it was a serial port numbered n, the command would apparently be ln - s /dev/ttySn /dev/Pilot)

If none of that made sense, let me know and I will try to rephrase it.

Linux Guru
    There is a chance that it will work with /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1, but I dn't have a Palm, so I can't really try it. I would have guessed that it should be accessed through libusb otherwise, but try with /dev/ttyUSB[01] and see if it works. Otherwise, I've seen references to a program called jpilot that is supposed to be good.

Note that it's supposed to be /dev/pilot, not /dev/Pilot.

Just Joined!
    That worked beautifully.

Thank you very much!