Find the answer to your Linux question:
When i downloaded Mandrake 10.1 it is in a .RAR file....when i burn it, do i burn it with the .RAR or do i extract everything Thx for the help...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ISO burning method

When i downloaded Mandrake 10.1 it is in a .RAR file....when i burn it, do i burn it with the .RAR or do i extract everything

Thx for the help

Linux User
    Are you sure it's a .rar file? You should have an ISO file. It probably is an ISO, but you just have winrar associated with ISO files. Try using this to burn the Mandrake ISOs: http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Hope this helps.

All of the ISO images could have been put into a Winrar archive too, right?

Just Joined!
    I would recommend you to redownload it becuase if it in a .rar it very likely some decided to mess with it. Downlaod it of the the offical stie and make sure the ending is .iso

Yeah, I notice a lot of P2P and Bt downloads have unecessary rar archives so they can include scripts for Windows users - usually trick you into installing something. Doesn't have to be an SFX either. I particularly don't understand archives split into 50 or 60 smaller archives - I mean Bittorrent looks after all of the pices anyway, it's all treated as on file regardless. I know that WinRAR associates itself with iso files by default, so it may not be a problem , just needs to be reassociated with a burning program. Ir it genuinely is a RAR I'd redownload it to be sure, there could be rootkits or anything thrown in. Or as I said some scripts to load in some other software.